Grayton Beach Area Growth
Did you know the Emerald Coast is undergoing major development and infrastructure improvements?
Click here for the special report (opens pdf in new window) for the inside scoop about what’s happening in the area!
Check out the latest on the Northwest Florida Beaches International Airport at www.IFlyBeaches.com.
- 78,000 acre West Bay Sector Area Plan (Florida’s largest single master-planned development) to include a new international airport with runway lengths of 12,500 feet (for the possible relocation of FedEx, UPS, or both companies’ international operations centers).
- 4.4 million square feet of commercial, professional offices and services, and industrial uses.
- Multiple north-south (Gulf Coast Parkway, 4-Laning of S.R. 79 & 77, new Interstate, etc.) and east-west (4-Laning of S.R. 20; U.S. 98 improvements) connectors, tying the region to neighboring states & allowing goods to reach more than 60 % of the U.S. and parts of Canada within a single day.
- A deep-water port (the Port of Panama City), which is designated a foreign trade zone, offering companies the potential for substantial transportation savings, as well as necessary rail corridor.
- Highly skilled workforce with many transferable skills from the region’s multiple military installations and including two community colleges and one senior university.